Website H.C. Starck Solutions
The Z Mill Operator is responsible for producing high quality Tantalum and Niobium sheet and foil using rolling mills.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Sets up and operates the Z and Ruesch mills, working from SOP, OPC, and instructions on job specific routers.
- Operates Small Bilco Cleaner and Small Herr Voss Leveler as required.
- Lays out mill feedstock to maximize quality and yield.
- Makes roll changes, operates roll polishing equipment, and welds leader ends.
- Inspects material to ensure product adheres to specifications outlined by the production order and notifies the supervisor of any problems and/or material defects.
- Enters material movements in SAP, completes all associated quality control paperwork and lot traceability paperwork to assure product is clearly tested and identified.
- Performs troubleshooting and routine preventative maintenance tasks on production equipment.
- Maintains work area in a clean, safe, and orderly condition by following 5S standard work practices.
- Follows prescribed safety rules and regulations and standard operating procedures to ensure personal safety and high product quality.
Required Experience & Qualifications
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent with at least 2 years industrial manufacturing experience using computer databases and driving a fork truck.
- Requires the ability to follow standard operating procedures and prescribed safety rules in order to maintain high quality standards and safe working conditions.
- Mechanical aptitude, attention to detail, experience using measuring tools such as micrometers, calipers, rulers, and tape measures, as well as basic math skills, including fractions/decimals required.
- Must be safety conscious and follow safety and environmental policies and rules.
- Expected to work as part of a team, to make good decisions, to recognize production problems, and to seek assistance when required.
- Position requires a moderate level of physical exertion. Position is located in a manufacturing environment, exposing the incumbent to machines with movable parts, heat, chemicals, and consequently requires that personal protective equipment be worn.
H.C. Starck Solutions offers a highly competitive compensation along with excellent benefits, including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) with company match. Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
H.C. Starck Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting diversity in all our business practices.