We are currently sourcing candidates for an HSE Manager in our Newton, MA facility. The HSE Manager will direct, coordinate and develop programs and procedures to ensure compliance with local, state, and federal laws that govern health, safety, environmental, and relate issues.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Manages health, safety, security, and environmental programs, procedures and compliance to include permits, plans, procedures, programs, audits, studies, and support of Worker’s Compensation.
- Creates and tracks changes to Federal, State, and Local Laws; as well as regulations relating to HSE as they may impact operations including performing due diligence for growth and acquisitions or divestitures.
- Completes intra-company audits and evaluates results with peers throughout North American operations.
- Oversee the completion of safety trainings at the site with respect to regulatory compliance.
- Leads and assists safety teams to accomplish goals consistent with production objectives and the Site HSE Policy and HSE system(s).
- Maintains OSHA logs and prepares required reports, such as: injury reports, Worker’s Compensation reports, return-to-work plans, and risk management programs.
- Investigates incidents, analyzes data, identifies trends, and develops corrective measures in order to identify risk reduction and corrective actions across the site and the organization.
- Advises all levels of the organization regarding HSE topics (i.e. accident prevention, improving safety, safety culture assessments, trainings, compliance, and corrective actions to alleviate unsafe conditions or procedures).
- Coordinates risk management programs.
- Prepares and maintains reports as required to various governmental agencies and corporate management to demonstrate compliance or performance for all applicable environmental and safety certifications and regulations.
- Introduces new and innovative concepts to assure continuous improvement in areas of health, safety and environmental.
- Coordinates with outside organizations, i.e. fire department, OSHA, DEP, EPA, and MWRA.
- Conducts weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual inspections for health, safety, EPA (RCRA, storm water, SPCC, eyewash stations) and fire safety.
- Performs compliance testing for air and water pollution.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with local safety forces and medical community.
- Monitors and/or manages employee work physicals, testing, injury follow-up and Worker’s Compensation claims.
- Institutes employee wellness programs.
- Administers the safety supplies and PPE program for employees.
- Maintains first aid medical supplies for the dispensary and provides First Aid assistance as needed.
- Maintains/manages Enviance, LMS, and SharePoint online systems.
- Works with departments as needed to support continuous improvement activities as related to health, safety, and environmental.
- Leads department activities including, but not limited to, budget spending, hiring, motivating, training and performance management.
- Coordinates the response to customer complaints by working with site personnel to ensure thorough and timely initiation, disposition, verification, and closure of complaints.
Required Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Science, Engineering, Safety, and/or Environmental discipline.
- 10 years HSE experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to communicate proficiently both orally and in writing using the English language.
- This position may require the applicant to be licensed under certain United States laws and regulations.
- Preferred Certified Safety Professional (CSP) designation, and familiarity with Federal, State, and local Safety, Health, and Environmental regulatory knowledge.
- Competencies: Customer orientation, analytical thinking, team leadership, taking initiative, effective communication, influencing others, organizing and planning.
To Apply for this Position
H.C. Starck offers a highly competitive compensation along with excellent benefits, including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) with company match. Please email your resume to
firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
H.C. Starck Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting diversity in all our business practices.