Business Intelligence Analyst – Finance
We are currently sourcing candidates for a Business Intelligence Analyst – Finance position in our Newton, MA facility. This position will support the Director, Financial Planning & Controlling with financial business analysis by compiling, managing, and analyzing financial information which will serve as the basis for strategic decisions and planning processes for the global H.C. Starck Solutions division. Furthermore, the role will be a major contributor to the successful implementation of the financial consolidation and reporting system OneStream and will act as a main contact for its business users.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Drive the design and development of financial data gathering and management processes in order to deliver accurate financial results and sound financial analysis; maintain and improve complex spreadsheets by implementing reporting efficiencies
- Customize and administer the financial consolidation and reporting system OneStream; provide technical guidance for local OneStream users
- Design and build intuitive and reliable dashboards that provide actionable insights for various functional departments, including sales and executive leadership teams
- Support and advise the budgeting and forecasting activities of the division; adapt processes to accommodate changing company requirements; examine contingent processes to propose and initiate improvements as needed
- Prepare ad hoc analysis and provide data to assist the preparation of management reporting in support of headquarters and division management; assist with special projects
- Develop strong working relationships with business teams, including accounting and sales, to gain additional insights for analysis and data validation and understand their evolving information needs
Required Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, MIS, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, or similar quantitative/analytical fields
- Affinity for handling large data amounts accurately and a passion for helping others use it to drive informed business decisions; excellent attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills and aptitude for problem solving, including data analysis and validation; ability to exercise independent judgment and to identify and improve processes
- Expertise in MS Excel; Visual Basic skills a plus
- Experience with SAP and financial consolidation and reporting systems (Hyperion or OneStream) beneficial
- 2+ years of relevant experience
- Required competencies include: ability to work with details; analytical thinking; teamwork and cooperation; integrity and trust; result orientation; taking initiative; managing change; effective communication
To Apply for this Position
H. C. Starck offers a highly competitive compensation along with excellent benefits, including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) with company match. Please email your resume with your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
H. C. Starck Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting diversity in all our business practices.