We are currently sourcing candidates for an Additive Manufacturing (AM) Staff R&D Engineer in our Coldwater, Michigan facility. The Staff R&D Engineer will help with developing processes and parameters for additive manufacturing of refractory metals. H.C. Starck Solutions has an active research program in additive manufacturing of refractory metals. The candidate will lead research projects supporting customer applications including, but not limited to, aerospace, defense, industrial, electronics, and medical markets.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Collects, analyzes, and prepares data for internal and external Marketing Communications campaigns
- Principle investigator in process development and optimization of metallic additive manufacturing processes.
- Responsible for operating and maintaining on-site AM equipment, as well as supporting operation of other off-site AM equipment as needed.
- Develop and write operating procedures for AM equipment and necessary peripherals.
- May be required to train and supervise technician(s) on operation of AM equipment and peripherals.
- Lead test experiments designing, collecting and analyzing material property data for in-house and vendor produced Additively Manufactured metallic materials.
- Work closely with supervisor, the rest of R&D, and Market teams to develop print parameters for materials and parts in support of H.C. Starck Solutions’ AM business.
- Support Sales and Marketing Teams, and H.C. Starck Solutions’ AM customers in determining how to best support their AM development work, as well as how to best address potential performance issues.
- Optimize, control, and support transition of AM processes into production.
- Support Operations involved in additive manufacturing of parts and market teams to resolve production quality issues by providing analytical and characterization data.
- Interact with all other internal functions of H.C. Starck Solutions, external vendors and suppliers to conduct AM related R&D projects and to provide AM related support, as necessary.
- Develop and coordinate relationships with AM centers at universities, national labs, etc. to augment our AM capability offering to customers and to collaborate on development efforts.
- Travel to vendors, customers, suppliers, conferences, and H.C. Starck Solutions production facilities in support of growing business sectors.
- Pursue and protect intellectual property rights as appropriate.
Required Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of industry experience
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products
- Good analytical skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to communicate proficiently both orally and in writing using the English language
- This position may require the applicant to be licensed under certain United States laws and regulations
- Competencies include: analytical thinking; customer orientation; effective communication; relationship building; team leadership; results orientation
Note: This position will involve access to export-controlled technical data and/or technology and the position requires either U.S. Person status or the ability to obtain an export license from the appropriate government agency for Non-U.S. Persons.
To Apply for this Position
H.C. Starck Solutions offers a highly competitive compensation along with excellent benefits, including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) with company match. Please email your resume with your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
H.C. Starck Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting diversity in all our business practices.