Website H.C. Starck Solutions
The Welder is responsible for producing high quality welded Tantalum tubing and welded Tantalum fabrications in the Tubing Department and Dry Box area working with customer supplied drawings, internal sketches, and verbal instructions.
2nd Shift Position. 2 Openings available.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Layout, set up, plans, and performs welding operations on the tube mills and in the dry box to maximize quality and yield, working from SOPs, OPCs, and instructions on job specific routers.
- Monitors weld quality and physical characteristics of tubing jobs.
- Operates tube straighter, tube testing equipment, and tube final processing equipment to produce tubing as required by customer specifications.
- Inspects material to ensure product adheres to specifications outlined by the production order and notifies the supervisor of any problems and/or material defects.
- Enters material movements in SAP, completes all associated quality control paperwork and lot traceability paperwork to assure product is clearly tested and identified.
- Performs troubleshooting and routine preventative maintenance tasks on production equipment.
- Maintains work area in a clean, safe, and orderly condition by following 5S standard work practices.
- Follows prescribed safety rules and regulations and standard operating procedures to ensure personal safety and high product quality.
- Cross train in other process areas as time permits.
Required Experience & Qualifications
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent with at least 2 years industrial manufacturing experience using computer databases.
- Welding education and experience desirable but not required.
- Requires the ability to follow standard operating procedures and prescribed safety rules to maintain high quality standards and safe working conditions.
- Requires mechanical aptitude, attention to detail, experience using measuring tools such as micrometers, calipers, rulers, and tape measures, as well as basic math skills, including fractions and decimals.
- Must adhere to strict environmental and safety rules and identify areas for improvement.
- Expected to work as part of a team, to make good decisions, to anticipate production problems, and to resolve them with some assistance.
Physical Demands & Work Environment
- Position requires direct contact on the manufacturing floor and requires ambulation
- Work time is spent in a factory environment where temperatures fluctuate
H.C. Starck offers a highly competitive compensation along with excellent benefits, including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) with company match. Email your resume to email@example.com.
H.C. Starck Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting diversity in all our business practices.