Website H.C. Starck Solutions
Manufacture, regrind and repair press tools. To machine and deburr various components to final customer drawing specifications and / or SAP work order operation routing details, with the objective of achieving the manufacturing schedule requirements. To machine a variable range of simple to complex components from various materials to drawing specifications utilising a range of manually operated equipment.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Manufacture, regrind and repair of press tooling and tip requirements.
- Manufacture suitable tooling / jigging to allow maximum efficiency for large production runs.
- Grinding; Centreless, Surface and Cylindrical.
- Interprets drawings.
- Select and set tooling, speeds and feeds according to type of material, finish requirements or quality requests.
- Program / set / operate equipment such as Bridgeport work centre and mills / Takisawa lathes / Charmilles wire erosion equipment / power presses.
- Set and operate a wide range of other machinery for example; centre lathes, drills, CNC lathes, and centreless grinding.
- Use measuring instruments to maintain tolerances, squareness and concentricity. Check work and make required adjustments.
- Visually inspect all work and evaluate for quality within guidelines set by the plant.
- Sharpen tools and ensure bench layout for location of holes and finish on pieces.
- Utilizes judgment to perform responsibilities, decide whether repairs need to be made, and determine how long repairs will take. If material is unacceptable when measured by these standards, advise Supervisor and/or quality control department.
- Follow prescribed safety rules and regulations and maintain high quality standards.
- Assure consistent product quality through established ISO 9001 production methods and techniques; understand cause and effect of process variables on final product.
- Recommend improvements to safety and housekeeping procedures following the JSA procedures.
- Maintain equipment in safe and efficient operation by working closely with maintenance department. Identify preventative maintenance routines.
- Maintain work area in a clean, safe and orderly condition.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by group leaders or supervisors.
Required Experience & Qualifications
- Degree or similar tertiary education qualification in an engineering discipline, or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years toolmaker / machinist experience in a job shop environment.
- Basic math skills are required to perform necessary job functions.
- An understanding of basic measuring equipment (micrometers, dial calipers and dial indicators).
- Good communication skills including the ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude with some machining experience is a plus.
- Requires thorough knowledge of operations, methods and the equivalent to formal apprenticeship training.
- Regular and predictable attendance, ability to work full-time a must.
H.C. Starck Solutions offers a highly competitive compensation. Email your resume to Claire.firstname.lastname@example.org
H.C. Starck Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting diversity in all our business practices.