Website H.C. Starck Solutions
The Senior R&D Technician will contribute to making decisions on new and novel processing and/or evaluation methods. This position requires the ability to self-direct projects as well as to guide other R&D technicians. A general knowledge of company policies and procedures as well as the ability to modify and adapt standard procedures to meet new conditions is necessary. The position will interact with companywide Operations and R&D personnel as well as H.C. Starck Solutions’ traditional customers. The position is accountable for following personal safety and quality systems policies.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Performs experiments, collects & reduces data
- Collaborates with staff in designing & performing experiments in materials processing & analysis
- Writes reports detailing experiments and results as required
- Maintains a safe, diversified laboratory for the processing and evaluation of materials
- Finds and eliminates sources of error in experimental procedures
- Identifies new technologies/instrumentation useful to FP research
- Takes responsibility for assigned equipment and the working environment of that equipment
- Assists in setting up test equipment and procedures
- Assists others in the department with respect to training and knowledge transfer
- Endeavors to maintain state-of-the-art knowledge in assigned fields
- Maintains work area in a clean, safe and orderly manner
- Follows prescribed safety rules and regulations while maintaining high quality standards
- Participates in Quality Improvement Programs as required
- Coordinates R&D activities with other departments
Required Experience & Qualifications
- Associate’s or B.S. degree is preferred with at least 5 years of experience in metal processing
- Familiar with basic melting and thermomechanical processing of metals as this relates to flat products (plate, sheet, etc) and tubing. Experience with tantalum and niobium would be preferred.
- Experience with sample preparation, optical and SEM metallographic techniques, powder metallurgy (blending, mixing, sizing, and safe handling of powders) as well as general metallurgy would be very beneficial to the candidate.
- Must be proficient with Windows and Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of SAP preferred
H.C. Starck offers a highly competitive compensation along with excellent benefits, including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) with company match. Email your resume to email@example.com.
H.C. Starck Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting diversity in all our business practices.