Website H.C. Starck Solutions
Responsible for assisting in the development, oversight and improvement of all manufacturing processes within the respective product line. Ensures that all processes accurately reflect the production practices, costing is adequate and quality requirements meets or exceeds customer specifications.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Develop, document and oversee the manufacturing process for respective product line, which includes development and implementation of OPC’s, Routes & BOMs in cooperation with manufacturing and quality control to ensure that all applicable standards are met or exceeded.
- Evaluate new processes, manufacturing methods and equipment as required to improve process capabilities, material yields, and develop new products.
- Apply statistics, engineering and team-building concepts to evaluate and improve processing costs and product yields.
- Quantify and document non-conforming material. Use statistical methods to analyze and evaluate causes. Develop and implement corrective actions.
- Provide technical support to customers in an effort to define product/process requirements or troubleshoot existing materials or applications.
- In conjunction with quality control and quality assurance to resolve nonconforming material issues, customer complaints, complete and implement corrective and preventative action measures, perform FMEA or other analyses to support all quality initiatives.
- Take existing drawings, prints and fixtures and convert them to a 3D CAD model.
Required Experience & Qualifications
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in mechanical, mechanical technology or related field.
- Previous manufacturing experience
- Lean Manufacturing experience preferred
- CAD (solidworks/inventor) preferred and CNC programming a plus
- Ability to communicate proficiently both orally and in writing using the English language
- Capability to work with a variety of different operators and supervisors in a production setting.
- This position may require the applicant to be licensed under certain U.S. laws and regulations.
- Competencies include: Results orientation, Entrepreneurial orientation, Analytical thinking, Taking initiative, Effective communication, Influencing others, Self-confidence.
Please email your resume to Emily.Demas@hcstarcksolutions.com and put the title of the Internship in the subject line: “Mechanical Engineer Intern.”
H.C. Starck Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting diversity in all our business practices.