Website H.C. Starck Solutions
This position is key in driving manufacturing process improvements with the goal of optimizing safety, quality, and efficiency.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Team with maintenance department to address problems and identify opportunities for process improvement.
- Troubleshoot problems with existing production equipment on the factory floor implementing designs
- Engineer, design, install and commission new production equipment and train operators.
- Evaluate technical input from direct observations on the factory floor and interfacing with manufacturing personnel and multi-disciplinary engineering groups in order to problem solve complex machinery operational issues.
- Interpret, prioritize and complete diverse engineering activities in order to obtain optimal machinery designs and performance considering plant operability, safety, quality and cost.
- Evaluate select suppliers for cost effective sources of materials and subcontracting services
Required Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent
- Knowledge of process controls (HMI screens, operator interface) to optimize manufacturing equipment efficiencies preferred.
- Skilled in preparing cost estimates, schedules, and technical reports preferred.
- Ability to complete project assignments on time, within budget, and in compliance with all applicable codes and safety requirements.
- Lean Manufacturing experience preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, and Power Point required.
- Familiarity with using AutoCAD.
Physical Demands & Work Environment
- Position requires direct contact on the manufacturing floor and requires ambulation
- Work time is spent in a factory environment where temperatures fluctuate
H.C. Starck Solutions offers a highly competitive compensation along with excellent benefits, including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) with company match. Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
H.C. Starck Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting diversity in all our business practices.