Website H.C. Starck Solutions
We are currently seeking a Manufacturing Technician for our Newton, MA location. Under the direction of the supervisor, incumbent sets up and operates all equipment associated with the Plant 6 Machine Shop, including; Lathes, milling machines, and drill presses. Operation of other equipment that support the manufacture of tantalum and niobium products will also be required.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Programs, sets up and operates both manual and CNC turning centers
- Programs, sets up and operates 3-axis CNC milling equipment
- Sets up and operates the UT plate scanner and the water jet cutter
- Interpret drawings and plan work in a proper operational sequence
- Selects and sets “speeds” and “feeds” based on material being processed
- Uses precision measuring tools to verify that all work is completed within the required tolerances
- Inspects and maintains all tooling required to support the machining process
- Performs troubleshooting and routine preventative maintenance tasks on production equipment
- Required to process material samples as required
- Follows prescribed safety rules and regulations and standard operating procedures to ensure personal safety and high product quality
- Maintains work area in a clean, safe, and orderly condition by following 5S Standard Work practices
- Cross train in other process areas as time permits
Required Experience & Qualifications
- Requires a vocational degree or equivalent
- 3 years of manufacturing experience is preferred
- Must possess excellent mechanical and troubleshooting skills
- Experience in turning and milling equipment required
- Must have the ability to keep neat and accurate records
H.C. Starck offers a highly competitive compensation along with excellent benefits, including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) with company match. Email your resume to email@example.com.
H.C. Starck Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting diversity in all our business practices.