Website H.C. Starck Solutions
We are currently seeking a 2nd shift Supervisor for our Newton, MA location. Our Newton plant manufactures Tantalum metal powders into customer specific products through a process that involves blending, pressing, melting, forging, rolling annealing, slitting, and machining. Tantalum is heavy, very ductile, and a good conductor of heat and electricity. It is very corrosion resistance. It is widely used in surgical instruments and implants because Tantalum is biocompatible. Alloyed with other metals, it is used in the production of super alloys for jet engines. Tantalum is used in chemical process equipment, nuclear reactors, and in the production of semiconductors. Our manufacturing plant is safe, clean, and organized. We are a past winner of Industry Week magazine’s “Best Plant” award
2nd Shift Position.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Directs and coordinates the activities of 2nd shift production employees, including but not limited to hiring, motivating, training and performance management, while ensuring full compliance with applicable safety requirements.
- Monitors production levels and reports promptly to Operations Manager, production planning and maintenance when delays occur. Estimate time of delay when production will resume.
- Ensures that company policies, rules, regulations and procedures are adhered to and followed Maintains the established schedule by coordinating movement of parts through production processes working closely with the 1st shift supervisors to set daily targets based on equipment availability, manpower and raw materials.
Required Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in business or technical discipline preferred.
- 3-5 years supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to communicate proficiently both orally and in writing using the English language
- Specific know-how: Lean methodologies, concepts, practices and procedures understanding.
- Competencies include: result orientation, taking initiative, intercultural behavior, developing others, effective communication, managing performance, organizing and planning
- Note: This position may involve access to export-controlled technical data and/or technology and requires U.S. Permanent Resident status per H.C. Starck ITAR restrictions
- Position is located in a manufacturing environment, exposing the incumbent to machines with movable parts, heat, and chemicals and consequently requires that personal protective equipment, provided by the company, be worn.
H.C. Starck Solutions offers a highly competitive compensation along with excellent benefits, including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) with company match. Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
H.C. Starck Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting diversity in all our business practices.