Website H.C. Starck Solutions
Sets up and operates the full range of bench and machine tool equipment such as turret lathes, millers, boring millings, grinders and shapers to perform work involving unusual set-ups and close tolerances. Repair and install mill, slitting, shearing, furnace and other equipment.
Two roles available: First Shift & Second Shift
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Interprets drawings or sketches, plans work and determines operational sequence.
- Make varied exacting set-ups to obtain alignment and prevent springing and distortion.
- Select and set tooling, speeds and feeds according to type of material, finish requirements or quality requests.
- Alter existing tooling or develop and create temporary tooling as required.
- Fabricate parts using lathe, milling machine, drill, saw, grinder and hand tools.
- Use measuring instruments to maintain tolerances, squareness and concentricity. Check work and make required adjustments.
- Visually inspect all work and evaluate for quality within guidelines set by the plant.
- Sharpen tools and ensure bench layout for location of holes and finish on pieces.
- Move, level, align and adjust machinery and equipment for new installation or location change.
- Troubleshoot and repair all mechanical devices and components, such as bearings, gears, slides, and ways.
- Troubleshoot and repair all components for hydraulic and pneumatic systems such as pumps, motors, cylinders and valves.
- Troubleshoot furnace problems, remove and replace bricks, elements and rolls.
- Use lift equipment to move and position material as necessary.
- Utilizes judgment to perform responsibilities, decide whether repairs need to be made, and determine how long repairs will take. If material is unacceptable when measured by these standards, advise Supervisor and/or quality control department.
- Follow prescribed safety rules and regulations and maintain high quality standards.
- Assure consistent product quality through established ISO 9002 production methods and techniques; understand cause and effect of process variables on final product.
- Recommend improvements to safety and housekeeping procedures following the JSA procedures.
- Maintain equipment in safe and efficient operation by working closely with maintenance department. Identify preventative maintenance routines.
- Maintain work area in a clean, safe and orderly condition.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by group leaders or supervisors.
Qualifications & Skills
- Requires a high school/vocational degree or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years machinist experience in a job shop environment.
- Basic math skills are required to perform necessary job functions.
- An understanding of basic measuring equipment (micrometers, dial calipers and dial indicators).
- Good communication skills including the ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude with some machining experience is a plus.
- Requires thorough knowledge of operations, methods and the equivalent to formal apprenticeship training.
H.C. Starck offers a highly competitive compensation along with excellent benefits, including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) with company match. Email your resume to email@example.com.
H.C. Starck Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting diversity in all our business practices.