Website H.C. Starck Solutions
We are currently sourcing candidates for an HSE Manager in our Coldwater, MI facility. The HSE Manager will direct, coordinate and develop programs and procedures to ensure compliance with local, state, and Federal laws that govern health, safety, environmental and relate issues.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Manages health, safety, security, and environmental programs, procedures and compliance to include permits, plans, procedures, programs, audits, studies, and support of Worker’s Compensation.
- Track creation and changes to federal, state, and local laws and regulations relating to HSE and security as they may impact operations including performing due diligence for growth and acquisitions or divestitures, completing intra-company audits and reviews to peer evaluate various facilities throughout North American operations, and posture the senior management team so they can maintain a competitive edge within the dynamics of HSE issues as they potentially affect key business decisions.
- Oversee the completion of safety training at the site especially with respect to regulatory compliance. Lead, facilitate, guide and otherwise assist safety related teams to accomplish their goals in ways consistent with production objectives and the Site HSE Policy and HSE system(s).
- Maintains OSHA logs and prepares reports to agencies. Coordinates injury reports, Worker’s Compensation reports, return-to-work plans, and risk management programs.
- Investigate incidents, analyze data, identify trends, and develop corrective measures in order to identify risk reduction corrective actions across the site and the organization.
- Advises all levels of the organization regarding HSE subjects (i.e., accident prevention, improving safety, safety culture assessments, training, compliance, and implementation of timely corrective actions to alleviate unsafe conditions or procedures).
- Coordinates risk management programs.
- Prepares, obtains approval and submits reports as required to various governmental agencies and corporate management to demonstrate compliance or performance to all applicable environmental and safety regulations.
- Performs activities of department to include motivating, training.
- Introduces new and innovative concepts to assure continuous improvement in areas of health, safety, environmental. Coordinates with outside organizations, i.e., fire department, OSHA, DEP, EPA, and MWRA.
- Conduct weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual inspections for health, safety, EPA (RCRA, Storm water, SPCC, Eyewash stations) and fire safety. Perform compliance testing for air and water pollution. Maintain records for regulatory reporting and certification purposes.
- Establish and maintain relationships with local safety forces and medical community. Monitor and/or manage employee work physicals, testing, injury follow-up and Worker’s Compensation claims. Institute employee wellness programs.
- Administers the safety supplies and PPE program for employees. Maintain first aid medical supplies for the dispensary. Provide First Aid assistance as needed.
- Maintain/manage Enviance, LMS, and Sharepoint online systems.
- Works with departments as needed to support continuous improvement activities as related to health, safety and environmental.
- Directs activities of department including but not limited to budget spending, hiring, motivating, training and performance management.
- Coordinates the response to customer complaints by working with site personnel to ensure thorough and timely initiation, disposition, verification and closure of complaints.
Required Experience & Qualifications
- Doctorate Degree in Material Science/Metallurgical Engineering strongly preferred.
- Bachelor’s / Master’s in Material Science/Metallurgical Engineering considered if supplemented by compelling professional experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of metallurgy and materials science required, refractory metals preferred, experience with molybdenum or tungsten strongly preferred.
- Experience with hot and cold rolling of metals preferred, experience with thermo-mechanical processing of refractory metals strongly preferred.
- Experience with powder metallurgy preferred, experience with powder metallurgy of refractory metals strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of Metal Additive Manufacturing technologies including powder-bed fusion, directed energy deposition, binder jetting and AM post-processing.
H.C. Starck offers a highly competitive compensation along with excellent benefits, including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) with company match. Email your resume to email@example.com.
H.C. Starck Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting diversity in all our business practices.