Website H.C. Starck Solutions
H.C. Starck Solutions is looking for a Health, Safety, and Environment (HSE) Coordinator to work as an intern for the summer! The HSE Intern will work under the guidance and direction of our HSE Manager as well as plant team leaders to help drive progress with the company-wide safety initiatives.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Review and update HSE procedures
- Work with departments as needed to support continuous improvement activities as related to health, safety, and environmental
- Support and assist site with root cause investigations and near miss reporting
- Enforce preventative measures
- Work with HR to set up new onboarding process and employee recognition program for safety
Required Experience & Qualifications
- Sophomore, Junior, Senior, or undergraduate bachelor’s degree in Science, Engineering, Safety, and/or Environmental discipline
- Interest in HSE and/or manufacturing environment
- Competencies: team player, customer orientation, analytical thinking, taking initiative, effective communication, organizing, and planning
- Ability to communicate with operations and management about safety needs and issues
- Excellent knowledge of legislations and procedures
H.C. Starck Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting diversity in all our business practices.