Website H.C. Starck Solutions
Under the direction of the Supervisor, incumbent sets up and operates all equipment associated with the production of LX powders, including all the powder preparation equipment. The incumbent may be required to operate any plant equipment that supports the manufacture of Tantalum and Niobium products.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Sets up and operates Jaw crushers, Tornado/Pin Mills and all blending equipment, to support the production of Tantalum powder.
- Sets up and operates Doxy Furnaces, Doxy Leach Barrels and the chemical addition equipment for LX powders.
- Sets up and operates Air Dryers, Screeners and Dry Magnet in the production of LX powders.
- Sets up and runs Agglomeration furnaces.
- Sets up and operates Vacuum Packaging equipment.
- Performs troubleshooting and routine preventative maintenance tasks on production equipment.
- Performs sampling as needed.
- Follows prescribed safety rules and regulations and standard operating procedures to ensure personal safety and high product quality.
- Maintains a safe, clean and organized work area by following 6S Standard Work practices
- Enter material movements in SAP, completes all associated quality control paperwork and lot traceability paperwork to assure product is clearly tested and identified.
- Cross train in other process areas as time permits.
Required Experience & Qualifications
- Requires a high school or vocational degree or equivalent, four years of industrial experience. Demonstrated mechanical aptitude.
- Requires Confined Space Entry certification, lockout/tagout certification and fork truck license.
- Must gain a working knowledge of the Melt Shop processes.
- Position requires a moderate level of physical exertion. Position is located in a manufacturing environment, exposing the incumbent to machines with movable parts, heat, chemicals, and consequently requires that personal protective equipment be worn.
H.C. Starck Solutions offers a highly competitive compensation along with excellent benefits, including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) with company match. Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
H.C. Starck Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting diversity in all our business practices.