Website H.C. Starck Solutions
We are currently sourcing candidates for a Melting Furnace Operator position who is responsible for producing high quality Tantalum ingots in the EB or Arc furnaces
1st Shift Temporary Position.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Sets up and operates the EB and Arc furnaces, working from SOPs, OPCs, and instructions on job specific routers
- Operates GCA and AC Furnaces, Eitel Press, and Mold Cleaning equipment as required
- Operates Hydride/Dehydride & Agglomeration Furnaces
- Operates Q plant powder processing equipment
- Inspects and maintains molds, melt hardware, and other operating supplies
- Inspects material to ensure product adheres to specifications outlined by the production order and notifies the supervisor of any problems and/or material defects
- Enters material movements in SAP, completes all associated quality control paperwork and lot traceability paperwork to assure product is clearly tested and identified
- Performs troubleshooting, including vacuum leak detection, minor repairs, and routine preventative maintenance tasks on production equipment
- Maintains work area in a clean, safe, and orderly condition by following 5S standard work practices
- Follows prescribed safety rules and regulations and standard operating procedures to ensure personal safety and high product quality
Required Experience & Qualifications
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent with at least 2 years industrial manufacturing experience using computer databases and driving a fork truck
- Requires the ability to follow standard operating procedures and prescribed safety rules in order to maintain high quality standards and safe working conditions
- Requires mechanical aptitude, attention to detail, and experience using vacuum systems
- Vacuum melting experience with EB or CMAF preferred
- Must be safety conscious and able to understand safety and environmental rules
- Expected to work as part of aa team, to make good decisions, to recognize production problems, and to seek assistance when required
- Position requires a moderate level of physical exertion.
- Position is located in a manufacturing environment, exposing the incumbent to machines with movable parts, heat, chemicals, and consequently requires that personal protective equipment be worn.
H.C. Starck Solutions offers a highly competitive compensation along with excellent benefits, including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) with company match. Please email your resume with your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org
H.C. Starck Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting diversity in all our business practices.