Customer Service Representative
We are currently sourcing candidates for a Customer Service Representative. This position is responsible for timely and accurate processing of customer inquiries, quotations and orders. Serves as liaison between customers and internal departments. Coordinates import/export requirements. Provides input to sales forecasting. Supports consignment and inventory maintenance. Assists Sales Managers with quotation follow-up and accounts receivable issues for specified customer base.
Essential functions & responsibilities
- Confers with customers and Sales Managers by telephone and email in order to provide information about products and services to take orders or cancel accounts or to obtain details of complaints.
- Responsible for timely and accurate processing of customer inquiries and orders from quotation through delivery.
- Directs customer complaints through proper channels and where appropriate recommends corrective actions.
- Collaborates with Commercial Managers to ensure on-time delivery.
- Complies with import/export requirements and coordinates transport of orders with Logistics department.
- Manages customer complaints and works with customers and internal departments to resolve and obtain customer satisfaction. This includes potential price reductions, Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) or other compensation and credits with customers to resolve quality or delivery issues.
- Ensures material availability in line with sales forecast to meet customer demands for products by apprising management of inventory shortages or overstocking.
- Communicates inventory deviations to appropriate personnel and administers consignment inventory within parameters of customer contract.
- Develops strong working relationship with customers and internal departments. Customer Service Representative
- Keeps at all times a professionally organized working environment, including updating of lists and reports, maintaining of correct and complete order files, disposal of obsolete documents and papers, proper maintenance of email account.
- Handles cancellations or changes in sales orders and communicates the changes to the related departments.
- Decides whether Request for Quotation (RFQ) is within H.C. Starck capabilities regarding materials, tolerance and fabrications
- Follows established protocol for Voice Mail messages and email Out of Office.
Required Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of experience in technical/industrial customer service, manufacturing or corporate logistics is preferred.
- Experienced with electronic business systems such as CRM and/or SAP
- Understanding of trade compliance and knowledge of import/export procedures is a plus
- Proficient in MicroSoft Office products
- Ability to communicate proficiently both orally and in writing using the English language
- This position may require the applicant to be licensed under certain United States laws and regulations
- Competencies include: Customer orientation, result orientation, effective communication, teamwork and cooperation, relationship building, self-confidence, organizing and planning
Note: This position will involve access to export-controlled technical data and/or technology and the position requires either U.S. Person status or the ability to obtain an export license from the appropriate government agency for Non-U.S. Persons.
To apply for this position
H.C. Starck offers a highly competitive compensation along with excellent benefits, including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) with company match. Please email your resume with your salary expectations to email@example.com.
H.C. Starck Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting diversity in all our business practices.